Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tuleh Collection For Spring/Summer 2010: It's All In The Details

This evening I had the opportunity to check out the Tuleh collection being presented in the Promenade of the Bryant Park tents. Designed by Bryan Bradley, the collection for Spring/Summer 2010 featured some stunning pieces, ranging from the more "casual" to some absolutely gorgeous wedding gowns. Predominant features of the line that I noticed were cut-out details, flowy skirts with pleating, and lace. There was also some beautiful flower detailing. The range showed some pieces in basic cream and blush tones, but also had some "punch" with a bright orange trench coat and some navy-based prints. A hot pink pleated skirt, paired with a sexy zip-up top with bow detailing in basic black, was a welcome pop of color among the more neutral tones, and the few knits featured were wonderfully constructed.





The hair was beautifully styled and complemented the looks nicely. Models sported loose updos that worked well with the soft chiffons and lace of the clothes. For the make-up, there was an overall stronger face presented than I had seen in previous shows. With a bright pink cheek, a soft pink lip, and a sharp coral-orange eye, I again thought the look was quite a suitable complement to the clothes presented.



I was very impressed with what I saw from Tuleh. Having no previous familiarity with the design house, I went into the show (for which I sat second row, directly behind Fern Mallis, and directly across from Kelly Rutherford, Lily van der Woodsen of Gossip Girl fame!) without any specific expectations. I enjoyed the femininity of the collection and some of the pieces just grabbed my attention from the moment they were displayed on the runway. I was glad I made it in to catch the presentation!














































No comments:

Post a Comment