Saturday, September 5, 2009

Gearing Up For NYFW!



As I'm sure you all know, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in NYC is kicking off this Thursday, September 10 and will run until the 17th. Just when we're all getting ready to bid adieu to the current summer season, designers are preparing to show their collections for next Spring and Summer. Fashion Week brings so much excitement to the city - celebrities, designers, artists, and press all flocking to the tents at Bryant Park. I've passed by during previous seasons, but I've never gotten up-close and personal. Things might be a little different this time around, though. Though I wasn't formally approved for a press pass with IMG's online registration (apparently because they are already at capacity with the number of press attending), I was told that I would be able to register for a pass on-site. Though I'm not exactly sure what the difference is, I welcome any chance to get into the tents! I'm hoping to be able to report to you all on the excitement of the Fashion Week experience. Just being able to be there has my heart thumping! I just hope I can prepare myself for the hustle and bustle to come.




In addition to the action of Fashion Week itself, there are going to be a number of events that I hope to attend - many great opportunities to mix and mingle with the fashion/beauty blogging community (of which I am still trying to get used to being a part!) I am very much looking forward to meeting up with those I have met and those that I have yet to meet in person. Fashion's Night Out, a night in which retailers (department stores, boutiques etc.) around the five NYC boroughs will be open late to help encourage the fun of fashion and shopping again, will be taking place on the 10th. Some will be featuring special events or deals, mostly taking place between 6-11 PM. I will keep you apprised about some of that "behind the scenes" stuff as well!




I am already anticipating that this next week is going to be crazy, full of lots of running around, blogging, socializing.....and definitely lots of coffee and under eye concealer! I'm looking forward to it, though (even if I am feeling a bit overwhelmed already!) Stay tuned for lots of fun posts!




**For more information on Fashion's Night Out, including a list of participating retailers, check out http://www.fashionsnightout.com/. In addition to NYC, there are a number of countries in Asia, South America, and Europe hosting FNO celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment