Monday, June 1, 2009

Stila's My Mother, My Hero Set: Guaranteed to Give Any Mother (or Daughter) The Perfect Summer Glow

Stila is one of those brands that I had previously overlooked but that now ignites the "spark" of interest in me. So, naturally, I was thrilled that while browsing in my local Sephora this past weekend I came across this lovely little set, My Mother, My Hero. This collection includes, as Sephora describes it, "a set of four Stila favorites that will set any mother's heart (or skin) aglow." While marketed as the perfect gift for the mothers in our lives (why didn't I find this in time for Mother's Day?!?), this would undoubtedly make a lovely addition to any makeup lover's stash. I mean who doesn't want help in achieving that glowy look......especially in time for the summer?!? OK, it's time to get to the good part! What exactly can you expect to find in this collection of goodies? To start things off, there is a Baked Eyeshadow Trio in Gold (.17 oz.), consisting of a nice trio of gold, bronze, and ivory shadows. These colors individually complement each other quite nicely, working to achieve a pretty beachy-bronze eye. Next up, there is an Illuminating Powder in Bronze (.32 oz.), perfect for giving the face an all-over bronzy glow. The last two products are a Lip Color in Natalie, a beautiful plum-colored lipstick (.13 oz.) and a Lash Visor Waterproof Mascara in Black (.15 oz.). In addition to the makeup, you also get an adorable gold linen clutch! So, bottom line....would I recommend this? Definitely! Retailing for $38 (though valued at $110), you're getting five (including the clutch) items. Everything works well to help us achieve the "summer face."

This limited edition collection can be found at Sephora stores or at http://www.sephora.com/. Go get it! You won't be sorry!
And now for some pictures (because who doesn't love a visual, right?)

From top to bottom and right to left:
Ivory part of trio, Bronze part of trio, Gold part of trio

All three colors of the trio swiped together


Bronze Illuminating Face Powder


Lip Color in Natalie

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a fantastic kit and who can beat the price! I am definitly gonna check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Definitely a great deal! I'm so glad I found this set at Sephora. Who can resist such gorgeous colors? ;-)

    ReplyDelete