Monday, June 15, 2009

Kryolan VIVA Brilliant Color Medley 15-Color Palette: Review and Swatches




One of the brands that I was most excited to check out at the Make Up Show in NYC this year was Kryolan. Long known for their creation of make-up for the professional sectors of theater, film, and television, Kryolan has been looking to expand into the beauty realm. I knew that I was going to try something from the Kryolan range, but I didn't know what it would be....that is until I was able to scope out the goods in person. Luckily for me, about five minutes after reaching the counter, I had my mind set on their VIVA Brilliant Color Medley 15-Color Palette. What really drew me to this palette was the fact that it included pretty much any color that you could want or need to create a variety of different coordinated looks, from a neutral everyday-suitable eye, to a smokey eye, to a bright and colorful eye. This would be a great palette to bring with you on trips. This one palette should have you covered, day-time to night-time!! The palette itself, which I believe cost me $70 (a great deal for 15 fairly large pans....definitely much larger than MAC pans), is made of a sturdy silver plastic with the Kryolan name and logo on the front. Included in the palette is a nice-sized mirror that could easily be used when applying these gorgeous shadows. What I also love about this palette is that all of the shadows come labeled with their color names. This obviates any need to create homemade labels - I like that! All of the colors are also suitable for use on the face and body and can be applied dry or wet (for a more dramatic effect).



So, on to the good stuff - the pictures, of course! I'm going to start out with a recent EOTD that I did using the pink and purple shades found in the palette. Unfortunately, I have discovered that many heavily pigmented pink and purples don't agree with my eyes - I must have some sort of allergy. Regardless, I was in love with the colors ;-)






Products used:

Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot

Kryolan Raspberry shadow (on the lid)

Kryolan Dragon Fruit shadow (in the crease)

Kryolan Cassis Shadow (in the crease)

Kryolan Lychee shadow (highlight)

MUFE Aqua Creamliner in No. 5

Clinique Long Pretty Lashes Mascara


(Note: The unkempt brows have since been tended to!)


Now for the swatches of the shadows!





Top row from left to right: Lychee, Peach, Raspberry



Bottom row from left to right: Blue Coral, Gold, Silver, Copper







Top row from left to right: Dragon Fruit, Blueberry, Orange


Middle row from left to right: Blackberry, Walnut, Wild Cherry, Cassis


Bottom row: Lime





I really like the duochrome nature of Raspberry; it reminds me a bit of Urban Decay's Deluxe shadow in Fishnet. All of the colors include Mica, which lends to their pearlescent finish.


This palette, and other Kryolan products, can be found at a variety of online retailers for purchase (it does not appear, however, that you can purchase at the Kryolan website).


I would recommend checking out this palette. It's a great value and the colors are very versatile - an endless number of combinations can be created.


View the Kroylan product range at http://www.kryolan.com/.


Have you tried anything by Kryolan before? Please share!



No comments:

Post a Comment