Sunday, June 28, 2009

Getting To Know The Beauty Chick: Girl, You Smell Good

OK, so I know that fragrance preferences are very subjective - the scent that one individual might love could be an odor that another just can't stand. Perfumes work with body chemistry. The effect of the very same fragrance might come off slightly differently from one person to the next.

With this in mind, this post is meant less to recommend perfumes that I think you should check out, but more to give you a little more insight into the persona of "The Beauty Chick" - what I love and what makes me tick. Nevertheless, If I do give you some ideas of products you might want to try, that would be great!

I generally have around five bottles of perfume in circulation at any given time. I love to rotate my favorites. I'm definitely not the type that waits to finish one fragrance being before starting another. Hey, they all need some love! My favorite scents are generally fruity, have hints of vanilla, are slightly floral, and are, of course, very girly ;-)

Here are some of the fragrances that get me going in the morning:


Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche (3.4 oz, $90)



Dior - Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum (1.7 oz, $72)


Juicy Couture - Juicy Couture Eau de Parfum (3.4 oz, $85)



Burberry - London Eau de Parfum (1.7 oz.)

This one I use more for nights out.



Sarah Jessica Parker - Lovely Eau de Parfum (3.4 oz., $68)

*I usually am not a fan of perfumes with celebrity names attached to them, but Lovely I really found to be"lovely" and I couldn't resist ;-)

Lavanila - Pure Vanilla Eau de Parfum (rollerball, $18)



I love when perfumes are available in rollerball form. These are great to keep in your purse for those days when you're in a hurry in the morning (you can swipe some on while you're rushing to get to work!) or for some "touch-ups" during the day. This one, by Lavanila Laboratories, is made with all natural ingredients.

There you have it - a few of my favorite perfumes. I'm the kind of gal who can't get through a day without a little spritz of something sweet. These perfumes can be found at Sephora and other department stores (see stores and their websites for pricing info on other sizes available). I often get many of my perfumes from outlet stores. You can find some great deals and they usually have a nice selection of current and popular scents. The Fragrance Outlet and Perfumania are great for discounted prices. You can check out http://www.premiumoutlets.com/ to find the center nearest to you that has one of these stores.

What are some of your favorite perfumes? Are there some you just can't get enough of? Share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment