Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Macy's Clinique "Purchase With Purchase" Offer


Clinique and I used to be the best of friends (read: Clinique used to be the only make-up line I would shop consistently!) Though you can't turn to this brand if you are seeking bright, dramatic, over-the-top colors, you can always depend on Clinique to deliver very wearable, natural shades which can transition from day to night. They also have great skincare.


I was browsing cosmetics counters one day, as I am wont to do, and I decided to reacquaint myself with the brand's offerings. As soon as I approached the display, I was greeted by a lovely pink shade of lipstick, the Butter Shine Lipstick in Pink-a-Boo (and yes, the Sales Associate greeted me as well!). First off, if you know me, you know that I can't resist a pink lipstick! So that automatically caught my attention. Secondly, how cute is the name of that lippie?!? Admittedly, it made me smile.


As I stood there swatching the lipstick - I was immediately impressed by the smooth texture and glossy finish - the SA shifted my attention to a cute set, Clinique's Sunny-Side Favorites: five full-size products including a special edition palette. She informed me that the set was $32.50 (a $92 value) with any purchase. She showed me the two color options being offered: pink and bronze. Each collection contains some of Clinique's make-up and skincare greats: a Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser Mousse, All About Eyes, a Long Last Glosswear SPF 15, a High Impact Mascara, and a cute compact housing four eyeshadows and one blush shade. I was taken in by the value and the pinks of course caught me in their web.


I ended up with the Butter Shine Lipstick and the set of pink favorites, which included a lip gloss in Air Kiss, a gorgeous, slightly shimmery baby pink, eyeshadows in Sparkle Pink, Lucky Penny, Precious Pink, and Black Amethyst, and a blush in Cupid. In addition to the cosmetics items, the kit also came with an adorable pink and white summer tote bag!

The bag:


The goodies inside:


A close up of the palette:



Lipstick in Pink-a-Boo:

I loved the lipstick packaging. It reminded me of Bamboo (the shiny metal version!)


L-R: Butter Shine Lipstick in Pink-a-Boo, Long Last Glosswear SPF15 in Air Kiss, blush in Cupid



L-R, T-B: Sparkle Pink, Lucky Penny, Precious Pink, Black Amethyst shadows

All of the colors are soft, natural, and have a pretty shimmer to them. Check out Clinique's line of cosmetics and skincare at Macy's stores and on the Macy's website, for this special offer, while supplies last. You can, of course, find Clinique products at other department stores, Sephora, and at the Clinique website.


I also really love Clinique's Long Pretty Lashes mascara for beautiful natural looking lashes. Do you have any favorites? What are your thoughts on the set I featured?

1 comment:

  1. these look awesome! Might have to go check these out.

    Just followed your blog. Liking the read. Come check out mine and say hello.

    Michelle
    lipstickrules.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete