Monday, July 13, 2009

Jan Marini Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant - Protect Yourself



It is absolutely necessary to wear a sunscreen in the summer, ideally with at least an SPF 30 to make sure that your skin doesn't fall victim to the harsh rays of the sun. My issue with many sun-protectants (especially for the face), though, is that they can be pretty greasy and heavy feeling on the skin. During the summer months, when it is hot and humid, the product can even seem to slip and slide on the face as you sweat. I don't know about you, but I'm not such a huge fan of that feeling!


Lately, I have been using a new product (new to me, at least!) by Jan Marini Skin Research, however, that has truly changed my feelings about sun-protectants and the way they can peform. The Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant, which contains SPF 30, is also waterproof and provides protection against both types of harmful sun rays, UVB and UVA. The SPF factor on sunscreen packaging tells you about the amount of protection the product is giving you against the "burning rays" (i.e. the ones that will give you a sunburn and can cause skin cancers) - the UVB rays - but the number tells little about the protection that is provided to combat the effects of the UVA rays, those that can really lead to the aging of the skin.


I love the way this product smells (very fruity and pleasant!) and when applied to the skin, it is instantly absorbed for a nice matte finish. It is also oil-free and I don't experience any greasy residue - it stays put! The packaging states that this product is "very water resistant" and that it "retains SPF after 80 minutes of perspiring or water activity." I am a believer thus far! I use this under my foundation, sometimes in conjunction with a primer, and apply it, as is the case with all sunscreens, about 30 minutes before I go out.


A little more information about the product as the Jan Marini site states:

The formula contains a "microscopic sponge encapsulation system, state-of-the-art sun protection, and a PhytoMelanin plant extract that mimics human melanin and provides further UV and antioxidant protection." The formula contains Nayad (trade-marked), a "potent antioxidant technology."

This Jan Marini "broad spectrum" sunscreen is available in the original formula (which has no color when rubbed into the skin) and also in three tinted shades, Sunkissed Bronze, Sunkissed Sand, and Sunkissed Neutral. I'm definitely interested in trying out the tinted varieties! If I can get the great benefits of the original while imparting a pretty golden glow to brighten my fair skin, count me in!


You can purchase the Antioxidant Face Protectant online at http://www.myjanmarini.com/, and a 2 oz. tube (also available in a 2 oz. pump form) retails for $48. I agree it is a bit pricey, but not very much product is required to cover the face and it truly performs beautifully. I recommend checking out the other products from the brand as well. There are a lot of great skin care items to be found here!


No comments:

Post a Comment