Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Out, Out Damn Spot! Zap Those Pimples With The Zeno Hot Spot


Ziiiip, zaaap, poooof! Be gone!! There aren't too many things more annoying than a pimple. I am sure that most of you have had to deal with a lovely break out right before an important event - a hot date, a graduation, a big presentation at work. Don't you love that panicked feeling? I know I've been there once or twice!


Lately, I have been able to keep active break outs at bay, save for a few hormonal crop ups every now and then. A few days ago, however, a nice pimple reared its ugly head...on my chin! This time, instead of breaking out in a cold sweat and screaming "why me?!" into my mirror, I took a deep breath and reached over for my Zeno Hot Spot. Since this device is touted to be the "#1" for blemish clearing, I figured there was no downside to giving this baby a try!


So how does the Hot Spot work?

The Hot Spot, aptly named, uses thermal technology to clear away blemish-causing bacteria. There is no pain involved in the treatment, and all it takes is a short 2.5 minutes to complete.


Zeno states that an hour after treatment, there should be noticeable blemish clearing, and that within 24 hours of using the device 90% of blemishes treated should be gone. The device is not intended to be used to treat cystic acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.


My experience with the Hot Spot was pretty positive. I treated my pimple as I was getting ready for bed, and save for a minimal amount of redness around the blemish right after treatment (which is completely normal), the pimple was noticeably and significantly reduced by the next morning. I was pleasantly surprised. Using the system was a breeze and was totally comfortable. When using the Hot Spot, you do feel the heat against your skin, but the temperature does not get very high. I like that the system is very compact and fits perfectly in the hand. The one thing that was a bit frustrating, however, was that I found the "on button" to be very sensitive. I inadvertently hit the button a few seconds before the device's sensor was properly placed on my blemish. I think that maybe with more use I will be more comfortable with the logistics!






For more information on the Zeno Hot Spot visit www.myzeno.com. The device (in either pink or blue) is available for purchase online as well as a variety of retailers for $39.99. Each Hot Spot comes with 80 uses.


NB: This product was sent to me by a PR representative for my consideration. Though I did not purchase it myself, my review was in no way influenced by my receipt of a sample. I am dedicated to providing reviews that are 100% my own opinions, bias-free. If I ever feel that I cannot give my readers honest feedback on a product, I will not present a review for it. I am here to inform, and publishing untruthful thoughts is neither beneficial to those who visit my blog nor to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment