Sunday, February 28, 2010

From The Drugstore Aisles: WetnWild Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner


My favorite type of eyeliner to use on my top lash line is of the cream/gel variety. I have grown to love those from many different higher-end brands, including MAC fluidlines, Stila Smudge Pots, and Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Liners. I wanted to see, however, if it was possible to find a product of comparable quality whose price tag was considerably lower. Though I have found and used drugstore cream liners that have impressed me (e.g. L'Oreal H.I.P. liners), even those can sometimes get a bit pricy. One day, while browsing the beauty aisles in my local Rite Aid, however, I stumbled upon the WetnWild Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner and decided to try it out. Though, I admit, my expectations for this $3.99 liner weren't particularly high, I went into testing mode with an open mind.


To my surprise, I found a really wonderful product for a steal! I was impressed with the consistency of the product, its ability to stay put all day, and its highly pigmented color. I purchased the eyeliner in black and I found that it was in these respects very comparable to one of my go-to liners, MAC Blacktrack. It applied smoothly to my upper lash line without tugging or skipping. About the only thing about the product itself that I think could be improved is the lid; it is a bit flimsy, and I am afraid that the liner will dry out quickly if I am not careful to ensure that it is secured tightly after each use.


I would highly recommend checking out the Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner in your local drugstore. For a list of retailers see here. It's a great product that won't break your bank! The only thing that makes me sad is that it is only available in two colors right now, black, as I mentioned, and eggplant. What about brown? teal? navy? WetnWild better get on it! ;-)


Have you tried the Mega Eyes liner? Thoughts? Are there any other products from the line that you love? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I have been curious about these! Thanks so much for the details! Yes more colors would be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete