Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Shu Uemura Art Of Hair: Essence Absolue Nourishing Protective Oil


My hair cannot thank me enough for introducing it to the new elixir recently launched by Shu Uemura's Art of Hair line (around since 2007). Coming onto the scene this past November and already flying off of shelves, this multi-purpose elixir, the Essence Absolue Nourishing Protective Oil has been an absolute godsend as of late. The product is designed to nourish and "quench the thirst" of dry hair, while also working to eliminate frizz and protect against UV damage (wonderful to help your hair from getting fried by styling tools).


I have been applying 1.5-2 pumps of the oil mostly to the ends of my tresses where I need the hydration the most, while smoothing a bit over the top of my head (trying to avoid my roots). I have definitely noticed a difference in the way my hair has been looking, and more importantly, feeling. My hair has been touchably soft and healthier with the addition of the Essence Absolue oil and my frizz, while admittedly not completely eliminated (I think I would need a miracle for that!), has been significantly reduced. I have been using this especially when I want to keep my hair curly, and I am very happy with the results. I'm generally a no-fuss "throw my hair in a ponytail" type of girl, but I now find myself thinking twice about reaching for a clip. My curls have been looking so shiny and pretty! The product can either be used as a leave-in treatment (as I have been doing) or before shampooing.


Right now the Essence Absolue is sold out in salons internationally (it's that good!), but you can sign up at www.shuuemuraartofhair-usa.com to be informed when the product is available to order on the website.


Jennifer Aniston's stylist, Chris McMillian, swears by this oil to help him achieve the actress' signature sleek coif, and I think I have been converted as well. Next up...tackling a blow-out!


NB: This product was sent to me by a PR representative for my consideration. Though I did not purchase it myself, my review was in no way influenced by my receipt of a sample. I am dedicated to providing reviews that are 100% my own opinions, bias-free. If I ever feel that I cannot give my readers honest feedback on a product, I will not present a review for it. I am here to inform, and publishing untruthful thoughts is neither beneficial to those who visit my blog nor to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment