Monday, October 26, 2009

Senna Cosmetics' Silky Primer: A Primer's Primer



I have discussed the importance of prepping the face with a primer before applying foundation in a previous post. Primer helps to create a flawless canvas, to minimize the appearance of pores, and to grab onto the foundation to keep it looking fresh all day.

Recently, I have added another face primer to my arsenal. I like to "switch up" the skincare and make-up I use to allow me to try different products and to help me discover some new ones that I might not have thought to try. Over the past few months, I have been using the Silky Primer from Senna Cosmetics, a California-based producer of professional and high-quality cosmetics, as a base for my make-up. My motto is "one must prep the face before she puts on the face," and I feel that this is one fantastic product to aid me in achieving just that. The Silky Primer is one of the smoothest I have tried thus far. I found it to be a bit thicker in consistency, and it is only necessary to use a very little bit of this colorless serum. The formula contains a blend of antioxidants and vitamins to help treat the skin and make fine lines, wrinkles, and pores less obvious. My foundation literally glided onto my face after I primed my skin with this product (not to mention, my face felt so well hydrated and smooth!). By the end of the day, I found that my face make-up really stayed put. Even through the sweltering heat (I first started testing out this primer over the summer), I never felt my foundation melting off of my face. I must say, I am quite impressed with this primer's performance.

You can find the Silky Primer online at http://www.sennacosmetics.com/, where it retails for $38. Senna offers an extensive range of products and I highly recommend checking out their line. You can definitely expect more Senna reviews to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment