Friday, March 11, 2011

Scrub Loving: Neutrogena Sugar Scrub Body Exfoliator


Photo Credit: Neutrogena Website


I'm so ready for winter to be over. I mean, my poor skin has been ravaged by the cold temps for long enough already. Really. I feel like I'm constantly shedding layers, though I'm pretty sure I'm not a reptile. It's just bad. Bad I tell you. Between the flaking and my skin feeling like a veritable pumice stone, I've just had enough.


Back in the fall, while looking for a body exfoliator in Target (yes, our bodies need a good scrubbing, too!), I came across the Neutrogena Sugar Scrub and decided to give it a go. I had previously been using Ocean Salt from LUSH (which I do still use), but I was interested to try something that I thought might be less abrasive. While strong scrubs are great, they can also be a little bit too rough on raw skin. Let me just say, I think my winter-ravaged skin has finally met its match.


First of all, I love the way this scrub smells. The fresh citrus scent is quite invigorating. The product contains sugar crystals that act to gently slough away dead skin cells without stripping the skin of moisture. What's actually really nice about this scrub is that it is rich in oils that soften and hydrate the skin after the exfoliating crystals have finished doing their job (they really do dissolve into the skin within seconds, which keeps you from overscrubbing your skin). Post-shower my skin feels so soft and lotion is not even necessary. Love that this product does double duty!


Because the scrub is so gentle, it is also great for daily use. The only downside? I wish the tub were bigger! I have been rationing the scrub so I still have some left but, with everyday use, I can see it disappearing rather quickly. I need vats of this stuff! It's that good.


I found the scrub at Target for about $8.00, but you can also find it at a variety of other locations (drugstores, Walmart, online retailers). If your skin is uber dry like mine, or you just want to keep your skin feeling soft and supple, run, don't walk, for this one. Your body will thank you!


NB: I purchased this myself.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I really want to get this one now! Thanks for the awesome review!

    ReplyDelete