Sunday, March 13, 2011

IBS New York 2011: The Event



Last Sunday, for the second year in a row, I spent the afternoon at IBS (International Beauty Show) in NYC. The trade show, presented by American Salon magazine, spans three days and showcases some of the best products brands have to offer, many of them at really great discounts that can only be found during the show. The event takes place annually at the Jacob Javits Center in NYC and the convention center is packed with different booths at which products (think nails, hair care, skincare, and beauty tools) are sold and demonstrations are held. The demonstrations run the gamut from hair cutting and coloring to gel nail application/nail design and waxing (don't worry, face only!). The show really caters to beauty professionals - salon owners, hair dressers, nail technicians - with educational classes (some free and some for cost) being given by individuals who are at the forefront of their respective fields as well as brand manufacturers. Though I unfortunately didn't have the chance to take advantage of the classes, I did score some really great things (stay tuned for the haul post!). All in all, it was a great day (even the pouring rain couldn't stop me!). I got to spend some time with my good friend (and fellow beauty enthusiast) Nancy and with Jenny from Beauty and All That. I even got to meet a new blogging beauty, Cristal from Beauty Goodies. Love meeting new beauty lovers!



Here are some pictures from the show. It was so packed!



Some goodies at the Stila booth



One of many hair demos



Mmmm rows of polish at OPI!



Check out this patriotic wig!



Nancy and me



Anatomically correct body painting



More body painting



Jenny and me



I spy Kevin James Bennett at the Royal & Langnickel brush booth!



How cute are these mini polish sets from China Glaze?! These are from last year's Up & Away collection. $6 for a mini 6 pack!



China Glaze's new Anchors Away collection



Gorgeous shimmery pigments from Naked Cosmetics. Check out the middle tower! It's the new Twilight collection and it's already very popular. The teal color when used wet looks AMAZING!!



More shimmery goodness at the Naked booth



Killer lashes on this pink car. I might be just a tad jealous ;)



DermOrganic hair booth. Love that their products are formulated with Argan Oil!



Some rockin' hair



I'm very intrigued by the Supersmile teeth whitening line. My coffee/tea-stained pearly whites are no longer so pearly!





The incomparable Nick Arrojo doing a hair demo at his booth



And finally....need I say more?! ;)


Weigh in: Were any of you also at the show? Are you planning to attend any of the other upcoming beauty shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment