Thursday, March 10, 2011

KENZO L'Eau de KENZOAMOUR: A Review



Though I may find myself opting out of wearing a full face of makeup on most days, I am one of those girls who just can't leave the house without a few spritzes of perfume. I have found that KENZO makes some of my very favorite floral scents. For quite some time I have really enjoyed wearing FlowerbyKenzo (review here), especially in the warmer months.



For the past few weeks, I have been trying out L'Eau de KENZOAMOUR EDT, a "fresher" take on the brand's popular KENZOAMOUR fragrance (though I have not tried the original fragrance and therefore can't specifically compare the two). Housed in a beautifully girly graduated pink-toned bottle, the scent is rich in florals mixed with citrus, vanilla, and white musk accents. In my opinion, this fragrance pulls a little more fruity on me than FlowerbyKenzo does (which I definitely can't complain about). It smells so delicious and clean, and while the scent comes across as rather light, I find it to be very long-lasting, a quality that I always look for in a fragrance. No one wants to walk out the door in the morning smelling pretty only to have the scent wear off only a few hours later! I can honestly say that I have worn L'Eau de KENZOAMOUR for a period of 12 hours and could still detect it on my skin when I went to shower that evening. That, to me, is pretty amazing.


A few pictures of the stunning bottle. How pretty!









The fragrance notes


If florals are not your thing, I would still highly recommend giving this one a sniff, as it is more understated in its floral tones, especially in the drydown. While I would wear this perfume year-round (obviously I have been using it in the winter months), I think that it is a perfect spring/summer scent.


L'Eau de KENZOAMOUR is a limited edition fragrance and is currently available for purchase at the KENZO website as well as the Sephora site (I don't believe it is available in Sephora stores, however). The 2.5 oz bottle retails for $72.


Weigh in: Have you tried any fragrances by KENZO? What are your current favorite perfumes? What types of scents do you love?


NB: This product was sent to me by a PR representative for my consideration. Though I did not purchase it myself, my review was in no way influenced by my receipt of a sample. I am dedicated to providing reviews that are 100% my own opinions, bias-free. If I ever feel that I cannot give my readers honest feedback on a product, I will not present a review for it. I am here to inform, and publishing untruthful thoughts is neither beneficial to those who visit my blog nor to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment