Thursday, April 1, 2010

Caress Introduces New Line Up With A Night Of Sweet Indulgences





Last week I was invited to attend a press event to celebrate the launch of some new additions to Caress body care's already well-loved line. Though I arrived a bit late to the venue (Sweetiepie, a super cute restaurant in NYC...so chic and girlie!), I was able to check out the products first hand and get the scoop behind their formulations.


The new line up includes two Whipped Souffles, ultra-silkening body washes, in White Peach Cream and Blackberry Cream (SRP $4.49 each), as well as Velvet Bliss (with blackberry and vanilla essence), available in both beauty bar (2-bar pack: SRP $2.99, 4-bar pack: SRP $4.99, 6-bar pack: SRP $6.49, and 8-bar pack: SRP $7.99) and body wash (12 oz. SRP $3.50 and 18 oz. SRP $4.49) formulas. All are designed to be incredibly moisturizing and infused with fragrance notes that are sure to tantalize the senses. The smell and the texture is just simply luxurious (affordable luxury!)


I was encouraged to indulge to the max - there were lots of sweet confections to taste (including both Blackberry and Peach Whipped Mousses!*), manicurists were on hand to beautify nails, and a photographer snapped pictures as I posed with the Caress goodies in Sweetiepie's "birdcage." I had the opportunity to experience the individual fragrance notes behind the products and learn a bit about how they came together into a unified scent. Let me tell you, the products smell heavenly! Though I am a self-proclaimed peach girl (and this Whipped Souffle is currently in my shower), I'll have you know that I think I love the blackberry one even more (as I found out when I selected this one to be used as the lotion for my coral Zoya manicure! Yes, it really is that moisturizing...it was a natural fit for my pre-mani hand massage!) The Souffles are ultra-creamy, yet very light on the skin. The scents are nicely balanced - they stay on your skin after the product is washed off, yet are far from overpowering (and you all know what those are like!)





The delicious Blackberry Mousse! How cute are they?!?



The peach candies were so yummy!



Ooooo la la!!


It was a great night and I'm so glad I made it by (my abilities to navigate in NYC when streets no longer follow a perpendicular grid are not very good...so I got a little lost ;-) )! These new products from Caress are definitely a hit in my book! They are all available now at food, drug, and mass retailers around the country.



Posing with Caress products in the Birdcage (photo credit: Caress-hired photographer)


*Here is the recipe for the Whipped Sweetiepie Souffles (for Blackberry version, simply follow below and substitute the berries for the peaches) if you are interested in recreating them at home!

Ingredients:

2 lbs of fresh peaches

pinch of salt

1-1/4 cups sugar

2 cups cold heavy cream


Combine half of the peaches in a saucepan with salt, 3/4 cups of sugar and 2 tablespoons of water

Bring to a boil over medium heat, then lower the heat

Cool completely

Whip heavy cream with the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar until it forms soft peaks

Mash the remaining uncooked peaches

Fold the cooked and cooled peaches into the cream just enough to create a marbled effect

Chill in the fridge for three hours before serving


SERVES 4


Disclosure: I attended a Caress sponsored event

No comments:

Post a Comment